Thankful

1 Peter 1:3
"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. In His great mercy He has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead."

Today, on the Saturday of the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend, this is what I am most thankful for.

Of course I am thankful for many other things as well.

I have an incredible and amazing wife who loves me and has stuck with me for over 31 years. She is an amazing Mom to our kids and now an incredible Grandma as well.

I have a son and a daughter who have become mature and responsible adults who are good people and who love Jesus. I have a daughter-in-law who is more like a daughter to us who makes our son complete and who also loves Jesus. Of course together, they also gave us one of the greatest gifts, a wonderful granddaughter who has simply smitten and completely captured our hearts.

I have a home and a meaningful vocation and everything else that I need in this life. I am so very grateful for all of these things.

But I am most thankful for a loving God, who in His mercy sent Jesus to die for me and forgive me of my sins. Through His resurrection from the dead, I have living HOPE for the forever future. This one thing has set the stage for everything else that is good in my life!

"Lord, thank you! Thank you God for sending Jesus. Thank you Jesus that You came and gave Yourself so that we might live. And thank you for the countless other blessings that have been released in my life because of Your love for me." Amen

Comments

Popular Posts