Grace Thought

It has been some time since I posted...I am not sure why, other than to say that I haven't been feeling all that inspired lately. I guess I've had lots going on as well...but mostly just, well...blah.

So here is a quick thought for the day.  Inspired by 2 Samuel 9:13, 'And Mephibosheth, who was crippled in both feet, lived in Jerusalem and ate regularly at the king's table.'

David's actions toward Saul's last living relative, Jonathan's son Mephibosheth, are as amazing a picture of grace as you will find anywhere.  Well - except maybe for the cross.

Before Jesus, we were crippled.

Crippled by our ignorance.

Crippled by our inability to love.

Crippled by anger and envy and ambition.

Crippled by the ravaging effects of selfishness, lust, and greed.

And now...because of His incredible grace...we who were crippled eat regularly at the King's table!

Comments

susanne said…
i like this, jeff. simple yet strong.

Popular Posts