Breathe

Job 34:14-15
"If it were his intention and he withdrew his spirit and breath, all mankind would perish together and man would return to the dust."

Billions of people.

Rushing through life.

All over the world.

They draw breath without thinking.  Never wondering from whence it came.  Oblivious to the One who gave it in the first place.

Today, I am different.

Still rushing.  Still drawing breath as instinctively as the next person.

But now, I wonder.  I wonder about the Almighty God who first breathed life into Adam.  I wonder how I could take for granted this amazing and precious commodity.

Wonder...awe even, that the breath of God could exist in me.

Amazed that He would allow so many to be sustained by His breath who pay Him no heed.

Grateful that I know Him...the One whose breath and spirit sustains all.

Breathe on me, breath of God.

Comments

Popular Posts